Monday 25 July 2011

It's a hard act to juggle....

It's not easy training to be a super fit human ultra marathon running socialite! Getting a balance between getting fit and getting pissed really is hard to juggle....

It seems my tough training regime, now commencing it's third week gets interrupted mid week with a few sherberts and a ruby murray; in between there are other social gatherings and the weekend..well it's the weekend init!! Although I've still trained, my big Sunday run has not quite materialised but still managing to get out and do 15 - 18 miles of running each week, a few hours martial arts, bit of cycling, the odd speed drill and rowing here and there but that's not what's planned, need to smash a few ten milers, get up to about 30+ miles a week! So.... jog on my son.....

To keep me inspired and motivated, I've added a few more fun events to my diary....Royal Parks Half in October, some Ice climbing in Norway, Mountain leader course in Wales and as my team mate Robson Green Fingers has had to pull out of the Scottish Nokia Coast 2 Coast due to knee injury I've decided to defer my entry a year and do the Welsh 3,000 24 Hour Challenge instead.....It's a bloody tough one but as they say no muff is too tough and I've got 14 pretty tough, rough and probably gruff muffs to get up in 24 hours.. SO ENOUGH'S ENOUGH .....bring on those Welshy mountains baby!!!

Beer anyone?????

No comments:

Post a Comment