Thursday 8 December 2011

Goal Posts forever moving, forever getting smaller, forever getting harder to hit the target


I love it when crazy shit happens; especially when I’m controlling it, promoting it, embracing it with open arms. Pushing the boundaries mentally, physically without emotion. Striving for the next hit of pain, torture and endurance.

The trait of a masochist, mind set of  a lunatic, body of a gently ageing 42 year old Essex boy that still has time on his hands before his body says “f**k right off chap”!

And why not, someone give me a reason? I love life and I love to live. I don’t like to conform to the norm, I’ll never ever be a member of the pipe and slippers brigade. Sometimes, well most times I need to release my inner energy on some crazy shit mountains, insane adventure race , martial arts or just something that’ll give me a buzz. It’s not adrenalin seeking, it’s called “Lust for Life”.

It is a fact the more you do, the fitter you feel, the more you want to do. If you do a 6 mile run, next you want to do a six mile run in the mud, then you want to do a six mile run in mud, snow and freezing water , then you want to do a  six mile run in mud, snow, freezing water in the dark! It just goes on, where does it stop.

I know when I will stop: 1) When I’ve run the Four Desert Ultra Marathon series and 2) Summited Everest. Then, and only then will I feel I  have fulfilled my ambitions, able to die a happy man knowing I have lived, loved, provided and achieved.

So lot’s of build up stuff already completed, mountains around the world, marathons, lots of adventure races, Tough Guy…that’s worth a mention alone. More to come of course, loads of adventure races for 2012, ice climbing, Alps, Himalayas, endurance hikes like Jurrasic Coast and Hadrians Wall, marathons, ultra marathons, Coast 2 Coasts  and FFS Tough Guy again in January. Looking forward to hypothermia once again L like a priest looks forward to a visit from the child protection agency.  It’s all very basic human nature to me, life, well life…..


“Life is like a box of fireworks ……….Well that’s all I wanted to say about that…..”

Doing Something Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment